Well. January has certainly been a month, hasn’t it? You’d have to be willfully ignorant to not see the state the world is right now; home and abroad is in chaos and it’s all so overwhelming that I’ve had to shut myself off from most social media for a while just so I can breathe.
On a smaller, less globally terrifying scale, I have a few goals to work on for this year:
- Get focused on my studying and finish the remaining four modules of my course. This is a dog grooming course which I’m hoping to turn into a part time occupation, if things go the way I plan.
- Clean up and refresh this blog. I really hope to update more this year so it’d be nice to give the blog some structure.
- Stop wasting my weekends. I find it very easy to fall into the mindset of “well I don’t want to spend any money, so I’ll just sit here and watch TV all weekend” but there are places I can go and things to see that are either cheap or free. I just need to make the effort to get up and go.
- Stop spending money on things I don’t need… this includes pretty pretty yarn for knitting. I’m very much for the ‘I deserve nice things’ attitude but I can certainly do with learning some restraint when I get emails telling me about yarn sales.
- Stop trying to maintain one-sided friendships. I deserve so much more than the stress of chasing other people for any kind of attention.
- Be kinder to my body. Eat better, exercise more, the usual.
- Sleep more. So much sleep. Sleep is always good.